Title: Office Manager
30 Hours/week | Hourly Wage DOE
90 day probationary period</strong>
Community Helping Hands, located at the Gateway Center, exists to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of people to show them the love of Christ as we equip and empower them to help themselves and others. One of the ways we accomplish this mission is through an operation of a second-hand thrift-store, where items are sold to the public and also given away to eligible individuals and families with emergency needs for clothing, household items, and furniture. The operation of the store and management of donations provides opportunities for work experience, job training and mentoring for those assigned to work experience, community service and/or volunteer work.
The purpose of the Office Manager is to oversee all operations and activities of the Community Helping Hands office, including client referrals, human resources, general bookkeeping, scheduling and general office duties. Typically, the division of time is about 50% client referrals, 30% human resources, and 20% general office/bookkeeping. CHH considers this to be a ministry position. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director.
– Supports CHH goals and mission, particularly with a heart for people in need
– Associates degree preferred or equivalent experience
– Background in human services or social work helpful
– Attention to detail, ability to organize/multi-task, and ability to prioritize a must
– Computer literate with outstanding business skills (MS Office, Quickbooks)
– Team player and highly relational
– Able to work in a chaotic work environment with constant interruptions
– Self motivated; able to think and work independently
– Bilingual a plus
<strong>DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES</strong>
– Interviews clients who need emergency help with clothing, furniture and household items, including preparing necessary paperwork, determining eligibility for help, and issuing vouchers.
– Responsible for invoicing, bill payment, and financial records related to donations and CHH income.
– Responsible for monitoring and distributing petty cash, as well as ordering and maintaining office/cleaning supplies.
– Trains, supervises and manages office staff (receptionists and other office workers and volunteers).
– Develops ideas for leadership and skill development for work experience participants
– Communicates and interacts with various agencies that refer clients, community service workers, and volunteers.
– Handles employee and volunteer timeclock and timesheets, including payroll, PTO scheduling/hours and benefits. Also prepares name badges and maintains personnel files for all employees, volunteers, community service workers and work experience participants.
– Oversees all appointment scheduling, including client and volunteer interviews, pickups and deliveries of the CHH Truck.
– Communicates with other department supervisors to ensure smooth daily operations.
– Maintains all CHH files and records.
– Helps Executive Director prepare for monthly board meetings
– Responsible for data entry and tracking of all items given away on online database.
– General office responsibilities (answering phones, filing, mailings, copying, etc)
– Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume to the CHH office by mail, in person (31 Water St, Jamestown, NY 14701) or email email@example.com
<em>Community Helping Hands is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. </em>